18 November 2010

Friday: What's Cooking In The Kitchen...

I am torn between baking and being outside today. It is the second half of November AND 60 degrees! I love Colorado and today is a great reminder, not that we needed it, as to why we love where we live!

I did make some awesome Granola this week though that I wanted to post. This recipe is adapted from a cookbook called Skinny Bitch In The Kitch.

Gunn Family Granola:

Preheat oven to 300 degrees

2 cups oats - heat in oven till lightly toasted (about 10 mins)

mix together - 1 cup sliced almonds, 1/2 cup shred coconut, 1/4 tsp. fine sea salt, 1/3 cup flax seed

wisk together - 1/4 cup maple syrup, 3 TBS agave, 2 TBS grape seed oil

Stir all together and bake on a cookie sheet for 20 mins. Add dried fruit (apples, cranberries, raisins, etc) and let cool.

I ate this with yogurt on Thursday morning and it was Fantastic!

Ok seriously headed outside with my puppy! Enjoy your weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment