14 May 2010

Friday: What's Cooking In The Kitchen...

Kevin is always challenging me to relax. I have a really hard time sitting still relaxing on my day off work. I come up with this big agenda and feel so accomplished when I cross it all off. Last week I did better at his challenge. This week I am trying again. I slept till 9:15, that is huge right?

Well today in the kitchen:

1. Homemade Croutons - i make this a lot, because we eat a lot of salad!

2. Pita Chips - i have some old pita pockets that I just sliced into triangles, added a little EVOO and garlic salt and am baking at the same time as the croutons. These will go great with the leftover hummus we have!

3. Garlic Mashed Potatoes - Crockpot Style: peel and roughly chop potatoes place in crockpot and add water, just enough to cover potatoes. peel garlic and add whole cloves. we love garlic so i add about 1 clove per two potatoes. salt and pepper then cook on high for 6 hours, low for 10 (depending on how long you are gone for the day!) when potatoes are soft drain water if there is any then mash and add butter and sour cream serve! we also like to sometimes add cheese, bacon, etc to add some fun.

* i make enough for mashed potatoes one night and shepherds pie another night * YUM

That is about it, another slower day in the kitchen. It is too nice outside to be in there too long! Time to go carry all my plants outside. We did survive the snow, if you even call that snow! Even my uncovered marigolds did great!

Tonight: date night at Tattered Cover! after we eat those garlic mashed potatoes of course :)

No comments:

Post a Comment