07 May 2010

friday: What's Cooking In The Kitchen...

I have been sick for weeks. I am now sick of being sick.
UGH.
Could always be worse though. It is to be expected working with kids, specially the small ones.

They carry EVERYTHING!

I am convinced it is a mix between a head cold and allergies. Which means, if I am right it will be gone in two weeks. Press On.

I am trying to relax today after having a VERY busy week with evening plans every night However I want to get some prep done for meals/snacks this week. Thankfully this week is cooking club and that knocks out three dinners/lunches right there!

In The Kitchen:

1. Apple Chips: dehydrating apples for kevin's snack this week, started them last night and they are still going, being that they take about 24 hours

2. Homemade Salsa: chop tomatoes, jalapeno (leave seeds for more spice, remove for mild flavor), onion, garlic, cilantro, juice from a lemon or lime, salt, pepper, cumin - refridge overnight to let flavors blend

3. Pizza Sauce: we make homemade pizza every sunday together, we don't often use a tomato base sauce but I like to have some frozen and on hand in case we decide to use it. I just chop tomatoes in big chunks cook on med heat until soft, add fresh basil and garlic with a little olive oil (extra virgin) and mash with a potato masher until it is a nice consistency. Makes a great pasta sauce as well.

4. Kale with White Beans and Garlic: I am making this for my dish for cooking club this week. I am hosting and our theme is "beans" Check out our blog (again) for the recipe

Hope everyone has a nice weekend.

Happy Mother's Day Mom, love you so much and wish we lived closer. Looking forward to our time together in October!

No comments:

Post a Comment