21 May 2010

Friday: What's Cooking In The Kitchen...

Today finally feels like spring. It is beautiful outside with 65-70 degree sunny weather. The lawn is being mowed and they are pulling off the pool cover to open for the summer!

I had a wonderful conversation with my mom this morning; over an hour long. It made me miss home. I am craving homemade bread with cheese from middlebury. I also wanted Amish Peanut Butter so I made some. YUM! Last Christmas I taught Kevin how to make it and we made some for his mom and her boyfriend Rob. They loved it and have been asking about it. If Kevin doesn't eat all of it this week we will have some to share with them while we go camping for Memorial Day!

For lunch I made Gyros. Sunflower Market had the meat, sauce, and pitas all on sale. I heat up the meat with some sauted chopped onions and slice some cucumber very thin to add to the pita! Perfect for a beautiful day. They remind me of summer time in Indiana at the fair. My dad always ate them a couple times during that week.

I was going to make chocolate chip banana muffins and choc chip cookies at Kevin's request but it is just too nice of a day to be running the oven. Maybe tomorrow or one evening this week. Sorry babe!

Now I am off to have ice tea with a long time friend and hear about all her wonderful travels she has been on this past year! Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment