18 March 2010

cleaning out the freezer...

Well I have set myself up for a challenge this next week. I am actually pretty excited about it as I see it coming together.

BACKGROUND: I am a once a week shopper when it comes to feeding Kevin and I. We have found that this is the best way to save money and have fresh items on hand. Weekly we eat all three meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks too of course) homemade. We seldom go out to eat and I more so than not make everything from scratch or it is a Tastefully Simple product, if I am needing something super quick. When things are on sale or I have an abundance in my garden (like last summer) I like to freeze for later use.

PROBLEM: the freezer is getting REALLY full AND it is springtime so that means time to start making room for this coming seasons on sale items and fresh garden vegetable and fruits!

THE CHALLENGE: to not enter the grocery store at all this week but to use up items in the pantry and freezer.

So... here it goes!!! (i'll post fridays menu tomorrow and go from there!)

1 comment:

  1. this sounds super exciting and I'm so proud of you for being so self-sustaining:) i miss our freezer:(

    ReplyDelete