27 March 2010

magazine junkie...

I am a magazine junkie.
In 2008 I was receiving 6 different magazines at my door:
* Woman's Day
* Family Circle
* The Knot: newlyweds
* 5280 (denver's mag)
* Rachel Ray
* Real Simple
I was spending over 200.00 a year subscribing to these. WAY TO MUCH.

As Kevin and I were redoing our finances at the end of 2008; as we do every year when we go to do our taxes I discovered this expense. I allowed myself until January of 2009 to get my subscriptions in order and decided on the TWO I wanted to keep, at the time of renewal.

I decided on 5280. This is an awesome mag for people who live in Denver. It has fun and factual articles as well as sporting, cultural, and other events. Kevin even enjoys it most of the time!

I decided on Rachel Ray. Yes, she drives me crazy and not all of her recipes are good but overall I enjoy her and enjoy her magazine. I kept her and I'm glad.

THEN... for my birthday PEOPLE magazine got added. It was to much to keep up with at the library and even though it can be dramatic and trashy I enjoy it and it passes the time at work when my kids are napping and my other coworkers enjoy reading it when I am done. It gets lots of use and is well worth it. Although, the year has been fun... it might not get renewed. I will wait and see.

So the alternative to getting all of this in the mail was to find a place to read them each month. Kevin and I both love Tattered Cover Bookstore and the Library. We try to get there once a week just to relax and read.

Double WIN: time together, magazines for FREE
I love my once a week library date with my husband.

Now on to the good part:
I find so many things in magazines that I love. Websites. Clothing. Gadgets. Etc. I often want to share them so here they are.

Worth While Finds
* www.billshrink.com (shrink your cell phone and credit card bills, amazing!)
* www.meandgoji.com (make your own granola, GF options too!)
* www.3greenmoms.com (just check this out!)

* Old Navy has some really cute summer stuff, mostly all for under $20
* GF lasagna: sub the noodles for long thin slices of summer squash (can't wait to try this, looked so good in the picture... thanks Martha Stewart!)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment