30 April 2010

Friday: What's Cooking In The Kitchen Today...

Friday, ah a breath of fresh air. Wishing it was warmer out, but it isn't snowing and I'll take that over anything right now.

In the kitchen today I am slicing my 8 lb watermelon that I bought at Sunflower Market for 1.29. I am making pick up and eat slices for Kevin, small cubed slices for me and then saving some to use for watermelon smoothies! YUM

I also have my crockpot going on High with chickpeas for the homemade hummus I am making this afternoon. I will try to post a picture later of the final product. For now here is the recipe I am using. GARLIC HUMMUS It calls for canned chickpeas but I chose to use dry and just throw them in the crockpot on high for 6 hours.

Hoping to get some cookies in today too. Normally I would make Choc Chip for Kevin from scratch but today I have a mix from Tastefully Simple called CHOCOLATE CHIP TOFFEE ALMOND COOKIES that other consultants are telling me I have to try. I can't wait to see how amazing they are!

Hope everyone is enjoying their Friday and has a wonderful weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment