22 April 2010

I live for Fridays... part 2

I have 6 main goals on Friday.

Since it is a day that I don't have to go into school I try to use my time really wisely and often think Friday is more tiring than a normal day with my kids.

Goal 1 - to get all the laundry done (varies from week to week with sheets, dog bedding, towels, our clothes, rugs, etc)
Goal 2 - vacuum and pick up the house (doesn't have to be a deep clean but things picked up so we can relax and enjoy our weekend together)
Goal 3 - kitchen time! (this varies from making homemade snacks, baking, preparing meals for the upcoming week, trying new recipes, etc) FAVORITE PART OF DAY!
Goal 4 - moose time (he may be little but he is high maintenance and we love it, he needs one on one play time and friday is his day with mom! and if he is lucky he gets an afternoon with dad at work to play with his best friend Basquin too)
Goal 5 - deal search (seeing if there is anything free, cheap, and fun coming up and seeing if it fits in our planner. ordering free samples and reading blogs)
Goal 6 - time for myself (this usually includes kickboxing and or going on a walk, with moose of course and then reading a book, time with God, maybe a little nap, etc)

Kevin and I have learned all 6 of these goals are vital to my day off. They not only help clear my mind from my busy days at work but also are things I love and enjoy, even the cleaning, vacuuming, and laundry! I feel like I can go into the weekend with a joyful attitude. My alone time really makes me a different person.

Thank God for providing Fridays!

No comments:

Post a Comment