22 April 2010

I live for Fridays... part 1

I love my fridays off work.

After Kevin and I got married (may 2007) and we were both working 50+ hours a week and trying to adjust to married life we spent a lot of time praying for God to open doors for both of us. (there wasn't much time other than to go to work and pray at that point) We didn't just need a solution but a new way of life that would work financially, spiritually, and emotionally for us as individuals and as a couple. We are firm believers that God knows our hearts better than we know them ourselves and that He ALWAYS provides. He did, it took time but we both did job transitions, me many more than Kevin went through. However, it taught us what I could handle in the field I work in and God graciously provided exactly that.

Since my schedule is M-TH 7/7:30 - 3:00 pm I dedicate my time off to saving money for our family. It is a good trade off for working less hours, so bringing in less income and in return saving us money with the finds I come across. Some of the girls at work call me the "queen of free" or the "queen of deals". It is a joy of mine to search for great deals and free activities and items for us. It is like a treasure hunt! We get samples of things in the mail almost daily and anything we can't use I give away to someone who can. There are several sites I use:


*click on them to view*

Then of course I read blogs daily. Too many to list here but I have become addicted to so many wonderful sites, specially cooking ones!

My encouragement to you out there is that hopefully you can find time to do the same. Not that the way we live is better than anybody else, not trying to put us on a pedestal. But hoping that you see the value in quality time with your family and friends without breaking your bank account.

We believe God calls us to be good stewards of our money and time. We strive daily to do just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment