04 April 2010

seasons...

This song has really spoke to me the past couple weeks. It is by Jenny and Tyler Somers and called SEASON.

after eeg’s and mri’s, i can’t explain why You’d put me through this | and when hamlet’s lines are filled with rhymes, i have a hard time seeing what Your plan is

You say all things work together for my good
You say be patient but i wish You would

show me what this season in my life is for |i’ve been trying to seek You, seems You're shutting every door | show me what this season in my life is for | ‘cause i want so much more, so much more

the doctor called to say today the medication isn’t going my way | Your paper doesn’t speak to me, reads red ink in every margin I see

You say ask and seek and knock and you will find | why won't You calm the worries on my mind

chorus

work your renewal through my soul | bring me through the fire as gold | Living Water come and pour over me | wash me clean

chorus

In high school I was told by a good friend that our lives reflect seasons. They don't always go in order of the earth's seasons but that emotionally, spiritually, etc we go through them, we all do.

In college I attended a woman's retreat that again talked about the seasons of our lives. Interesting.

This morning I couldn't sleep, I woke up several times and finally decided that I just needed to get up. It was a great prompting to go into the quiet office and just take some time between me and God. He knew I needed it. The past couple weeks have been hard. Really hard. Lots has gone on, somethings I can't even put words to. People are getting married, people are dying and so much more.

The quietness helped me realize what I had been missing for the past couple weeks. Seasons. Once I got to this place of remembering I was able to understand.

My heart is in winter. It feels cold, dead, waiting for something new. Among the good and bad, I feel so much pain and sadness. Pain and sadness is hard, it hurts but it isn't bad. It can sometimes be the best thing. Thankfully God is faithful and after winter always comes spring. With Easter today I think of words that move us from winter to spring. From the cross, to the grave, to the resurrection. I believe Jesus experienced seasons too. He lived winter and he saw spring. He gets it and finally I do too.

I look forward to Spring. I look forward to restoration and rebirth. I look forward to relearning that winter doesn't last forever because spring always comes.

A hard winter always makes spring so much more wonderful and anticipated. Amen.


1 comment:

  1. you are beautiful and amazing. i'm sorry for your season but i know it's good for you. just as the season i feel like i'm finally attempting to come out of has been super hard, but necessary. He always knows best, don't ever forget that part. thankful for the hope he brought to you this morning. love you friend.

    ReplyDelete