14 April 2010

i received news last night from my mom that my great aunt Grace passed away. i feel the words my mom wrote about her to the family is very true and real for me as well right now:

Our dear Aunt Grace went to Heaven this afternoon. She is free of pain, and I know there were many rejoicing to see her enter God's special place.
I sure will miss her, I could rely on her for many words of wisdom. I loved getting birthday cards and her special notes, that seemed always to speak to my heart.
My Mom said tonight. "I am the only one left".

(email from my mom to her family, in reference to my aunt Grace and my grandmother, her mom)

aunt Grace did and always will hold a special place in my heart. she was a dearest friend and confidant to me. we wrote letters several times a month and she mailed me words that I will treasure forever.

if you are a praying person please remember my family and kevin and I who are so far away from them right now. also pray for my grandma. she had three sisters and she is the only one still alive now.

home has never felt so far away.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry Heidi. I understand the distance. My prayers are with you guys.

    ReplyDelete